Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who would Joe Biden choose as a running mate?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a vast wealth of amazingly qualified Americans from which presidential candidate Joe Biden (or any of our other Democratic candidates) can draw for their Vice President and for their Cabinet. Although my political choice is leaning a bit toward the former California prosecutor, now U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), the idea of having Barack Obama's Vice President and New Hampshire's beloved U.S. Senator as the wise elder steering our Ship of State is appealing, too.

There should be a qualified woman chosen as the running mate by any of the "B" boys Biden, Buttigieg, Bernie, and Beto, should they win, but conversely, the highly qualified and articulate women candidates Elizabeth Warren (who has some actual policy plans that are worth hearing), Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, et al., should keep their minds open to picking a second woman as their VP---quit being so wimpy about forging ahead towards women in power. I think the 37-year-old "Mayor Pete" is mind-blowing with his incredible intellect (he speaks seven languages!), and did not expect to like his candidacy, but he has a lot of youthful energy and high-powered smarts as well as a confidence that would be good in any leader, but especially in our President. Elizabeth Warren has a life-long history of being a Consumer Advocate, going up against greed-driven or corrupt banks, Wall Street, the housing and credit markets, major corporations---all of whom have unleashed their overpaid D.C. LOBBYISTS against her, sometimes the lobbyists outnumbering our elected Congressional representatives by more than 100 to 1. Elizabeth Warren is a female version of "David" facing off against the GOLIATH of corporate and banking corruption to represent the common folks like us.

Biden should choose someone young to counter his experience-rich advanced age. Although Biden is not as old as Nelson Mandela or painter Grandma Moses when they achieved fame at age 76 (for Mandela) and 76 (when Grandma Moses began to paint her masterpieces). Benjamin Franklin, the only person to sign all three documents that created America---the Declaration of Independence, the Treaty of Paris, and the U.S. Constitution---when he was 70 years old. The experience of a Statesman with eight years as our VP plus the idealism of youth would be an unbeatable combination. I still like Kamala Harris, though.

• 2 years ago

It will be Harris. Women will be the deciders, specifically minority women, as they are the demographic group that has been voting in increasing masses. And yes, they will win.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I think the ideal choice would be Waters, don't you?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Someone with nice smelling hair

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Black and female, no doubt, qualified or not.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

Mister Garrison

• 2 years ago

He is never going to have the opportunity to need to choose a running mate.

• 2 years ago

Amy or maybe Amy will be the Democratic Nominee and choose Joe Biden as a Running Mate

Amy Klobuchar.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I don't know; maybe someone who's hair smells really nice.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

The guy is a proven pedophile.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Some 10 year old boy probably.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.