Is my dvd drive going bad or do I just keep getting a bad batch of recordable dvds ?

I have been burning my own dvds for years using dvd fab and magic dvd copy and I've never had any problems with any movie I copied. I have also never changed the burn settings and I have used many different brands of dvds. Recently I got a spindle of verbatim and three discs of the pack of 25 had skipping... show more I have been burning my own dvds for years using dvd fab and magic dvd copy and I've never had any problems with any movie I copied. I have also never changed the burn settings and I have used many different brands of dvds. Recently I got a spindle of verbatim and three discs of the pack of 25 had skipping issues. I bought a second spindle and so far every disc has a skipping issue as well. I tried using using a different brand (tdk) same issue one dvd will work fine another will skip I tried a different drive to burn the movie (because I have a external drive and the drive that came with the computer) and same thing. One movie will play fine and the next one I burn will skip. I'm just trying to figure out if it's the dvd drives or the spindles of dvds? Both drives have had alot of usage with the computer dvd drive almost being 9 years old So far three spindles have had issues where I never had issues before. I even tried different software to burn the movie and it had the same skipping issue.