how to stop my mascara smudging when i blink?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

when you apply mascara, try not to blink until the mascara dries, or use a waterproof mascara

• jenn
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

waterproof mascara!

• 7 months ago

Your mascara shouldn’t be smudging just by blinking... I would try using a different mascara

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

baby powder

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Try this:-

- use two thin coats instead of one. Put one coat on first and wait for at least a minute, or preferably a few minutes if possible to let it dry. Once it's dry, apply a second coat over the first one.

- if there is any excess mascara on the wand, wipe it off on the opening of the tube. This also helps to prevent clumping which is more easily smudged.

- if you do get clumps, run an eyelash comb through your eyelashes to to remove them and prevent smudging.

- use a translucent setting powder once it's dry to keep it in place

- also try using a makeup setting spray. They work to keep all makeup in place, including mascara.

Hope this helps.

• Shon
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

You can use some powder after applying the mascara which will make you feel better and you won't face any smudging.

• 8 months ago

Powder your eyes

• 8 months ago

Use maybelline the falsies. I use that all the time and it never smudges when i blink. It seems to dry pretty fast so you should be good to go if you use it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The ones that smudge on me are all the cheap brands you can get at drugstores and Walmart, stores like that.

The only inexpensive one that doesn't do this on me is L'Oreal Voluminous. So if you're limited financially, try that one.

Any mascara is prone to smudging if you apply it so heavily it can't dry before you blink. Two light layers rather than one heavy? Also, not too much moisturizer on the lashes to keep you smudge free through the day or evening.

• 8 months ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.