No, but there are a lot of myths attached to and surrounding it.
Climate change is very real, no question about it. But there are just way too many people making too much money from it that anyone but the most gullible alarmist will have to ask questions sooner or later. And the climate change crowd (also known as the political left) doesn't like those questions at all. The questions sound like...
- Why are the countries that pollute the least asked to pay the most to combat this problem?
- Hasn't the climate been constantly changing for the last few hundred billion years?
- Why hasn't solar activity, the biggest factor in this equation, been factored into this equation?
- Since when is a forecast model that suggests something might happen accepted as concrete proof?
- Aren't those many of the same climate scientists who insisted global cooling was a confirmed proven fact 30 years ago?
… and so on and so forth. And if you dare to ask those questions, even if you admit that they are valid questions, you'll be branded a denier. Or worse, a conservative. And conservatives, as we all know, are pure evil.