Why could she have been humming eerily to her baby while pushing the stroller back & forth?

Hi. I am man in my 50s. Many years ago, when in my 20s, I saw the most mysterious sight I'd ever seen in my entire life. In a park I saw a young woman humming an eerie tune to her baby while pushing the stroller back & forth. Humming the day away. Why could she have been humming eerily to her baby?... show more Hi. I am man in my 50s. Many years ago, when in my 20s, I saw the most mysterious sight I'd ever seen in my entire life. In a park I saw a young woman humming an eerie tune to her baby while pushing the stroller back & forth. Humming the day away. Why could she have been humming eerily to her baby? What's the deal with that?
Update: This incident & that young lady's eerie humming tune still haunts me till this day. I think about it everyday. It's my first thought when I wake up & my final thought before bedtime. Why does it still haunt me till this day?