Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 months ago

Fiancé accidentally called me his ex wife’s name?

So today my fiancé and I were cleaning out this room that had some of his ex wife’s things and he started to tell me something and instead of saying my name, he said his ex wife’s name. I just shrugged it off because I didn’t want it to sound like I was being immature. But I can’t seem to shake it off that he did that. I am worried now that he is going to accidentally say her name at the wedding. Should I tell him how I feel?

Favorite Answer

Just because he said his ex-wife's name doesn't mean anything, you have to consider the context of how this happened, you were in a room surrounded by things that he associates with his ex-wife, since they were married he has a lot of history with her so the stuff will remind him of her and most likely the name was said because of the association with the stuff and nothing more.

So yes speak to him, explain what happened and what your fears are.

• Jack9 months agoReport

It's not about saying you don't trust him.
      If you did something that upset or worried him would you rather he talked about it with you? Are you going to be able to leave it without speaking to him? are you going to keep on worrying? Not talking about things can be very harmful to a relationship.

It's not big deal. Awkward, I'm sure. But our minds play tricks on us. Surrounded by stuff associated with her.

Memory relies on repetition.

The mind plays it back in the order of most repeats.

If you have siblings and haven't been called by the names of the other ones occasionally, you may be the only one.

Get over it.

Will it happen at the wedding, only if he isn't concentrating at the task at hand.

Run like hell away from him.

tattoo your name on your forehead to remind him