Anxious about my cat my ex boyfriend adopted for me?

My ex boyfriend adopted a cat for me. I paid but I couldn't put my address down so he put his. we broke up and now I'm anxious we have been apart for over 2 years so kinda late to be worryed but I saw a video about how ellen DeGeneres adopted a dog and gave it to a family and it was taken... show more My ex boyfriend adopted a cat for me. I paid but I couldn't put my address down so he put his.
we broke up and now I'm anxious we have been apart for over 2 years so kinda late to be worryed but
I saw a video about how ellen DeGeneres adopted a dog and gave it to a family and it was taken away.
We'll see the adoption was done in my ex boyfriend's name and I had it changed on the micro chip but didn't think about the pound so now it's 3 am and I can't sleep because I love my baby girl and I don't want her taken away so now I'm like wanting to call the pound and ask what to do but not tell them who I am so if it's a bad answer they can't show up and be like she's mine. So what do I do... I can't just not worry about it.
If it can happen to ellen why wouldn't it happen to me?
I'm so scared I need advice and some one to take me seriously so that I can figure out what to do.
Before something bad happens I live with my parents now and I take her to the vet and she has a great life so I'm worried my stupid could get her taken from me.