Choking or seizure?

My boyfriend drank a beer the other night and he said it hurt. Immediately after that he started to go rigid and was gasping. It sounded almost like he was snoring. I opened his eyes and his pupils were dilated and he wasn't responding to me. Right before first responders came he coughed and snapped out of the... show more My boyfriend drank a beer the other night and he said it hurt. Immediately after that he started to go rigid and was gasping. It sounded almost like he was snoring. I opened his eyes and his pupils were dilated and he wasn't responding to me. Right before first responders came he coughed and snapped out of the "fit" and was walking and talking to me and said he felt fine. He also lost control of his bladder. He also didn't turn blue or anything like that. He said it felt painful going down his chest and that he could remember me trying to get him to talk and to move. After first responders checked his vitals (which were normal) he started vomiting and after he finished, said he felt like his normal self. Anyone have any kind of explanation? It was terrifying to see him like this and I will take him to the doctor's to get it checked out but I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything like it.