Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 months ago

How can I interact with people better as an adult ? People do not want to socialize with me..?

Its like I have a neon sign over my head saying

“Avoid this person,”

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

of course if you are a stranger. BUT if you meet someone regularly, it could be easier to talk. suppose you work in a supermarket, you meet your coworker daily. You could talk about songs, movies or sports.

It is just easy, ask something.... "have you seen this movie... blablabla?" then they start blablbla

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Just ignore the neon signs that tell you "avoid this person, avoid that person". Acknowledge and forgive those who mess with you half the time. Make peace with cohorts who you might perceive as your enemies and keep close to your friends as if they were your siblings. Follow them by conversing.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

rnaybe you should try socializing with other people, i feel like i have that sign on rny head too sornetirnes

• 10 months ago

go to toastmasters to develop social skills

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If you are self conscious or nervous, that puts others on edge. When talking to someone else, listen, really listen, and ask questions, being interested in what they have to say and concentrate on putting them at ease instead of your own discomfort. When you do talk, talk about things you know such as: books, sports, travel, hobbies, etc trying to find a common interest with the other person. Learning to be a good listener takes the pressure off of you and who doesn’t love someone who really listens to them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.