Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 months ago

Why do morons think their vote counts during a presidential election?

The electoral college fails us all the time.

Update:

I am so disgusted with politics I never want to vote.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Cousin
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They prefer the LIES of the antiquated Georgian system which ensures that power remain in the hands of the wealthy.

• retired old sarge
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

hahaha thats funny considering The Clintons are millionaires, Barnie, Peloski, Watters and most other democrits in office are also millionaires... Maybe you should rephrase your so called comment you tried to turn into a question..

• Tmess2
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The "morons" may not understand how their vote counts, but it counts. Every state in the country uses the popular vote to choose electors -- most on a winner-take-all basis and two on a winner-take-most basis. The impact of the electoral college is to waste a significant number of votes in states in which one party dominates -- in recent years, California for the Democrats and Texas for the Republicans (which were the exact opposite 50-60 years ago) and give the power to decide the winner to the voters in a handful of large states (Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina). But the popular vote in those states did decide who won the last five Presidential election.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Translation: You lost, and now you want to take your ball and go home.

• 8 months ago

what can you expect...........we have a president who reads a report that says this does NOT exonerate you.........and he goes around saying he's exonerated.

We're living in bizarro world where truth is not truth, and what we see and hear is NOT what is happening.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Not so. It's good.

• 8 months ago

45 presidents. Only 4 or 5 (depending how you look at it) became presidents even though it lost the popular vote. John Quincy Adams became president because the House of Representatives chose him because none of the 4 candidates had the majority of the electoral votes. So it works about 90% of the time.

• 8 months ago

Unfortunately that's the mentality that won Trump the election. Democrats badly outnumber Republicans but consistently have terrible voter turnout. That's why you see Dems toying with the idea of mandatory voting and Republicans freaking out about it.

It's a mathematical fact that the Electoral College arbitrarily skews the national vote, but it shouldn't matter when it's every shrinking demographic vs every growing demographic and we have a 7 million person lead as of 2018.

• 8 months agoReport

I hate Repubilcans because they don't care about people or health care.

• 8 months ago

I really think a big part of the overall Republican strategy is to get a lot of people so disgusted with politics that they don't want to dirty their hands with it. The fewer people who vote, the better the Republicans do! When I hear "Why bother voting? Your vote doesn't count!" I think it comes from the same place as "Well, you know, we're not a democracy. We're a republic!"

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

no , it was just this one time , and you have to add that trump cheated .

• 8 months ago

Stupidity

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.