Some atheists say that praying for forgiveness guarantees it.Is that another example of their ignorance?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

No, it is not. And, it is doubtful "some atheists" support prayer, since that is not what an atheist does.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

What would atheists be praying about? Who would they pray to? It is equal to saying an atheist says speaking to a box guarantees forgiveness. Most atheists believe that boxes exist, so it might do them some good.

Atheists are a lot of things, but most are not ignorant at all, some are quite educated and intelligent. That is often WHY they are atheists, because they think they don't need gods to get along in the world. Guess what? They are right about that.

I don't pray, even when I got cancer land thought I might die. I didn't have a thing to pray about. Or anything to pray to. I am fine now, thanks.

• hart
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

TheGod delusion is on again

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Complete BS, an atheist would never say that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I have never come across an athiest that believes prayer does anything.

• 10 months ago

I would say that for some people they assume that praying for forgiveness absolves them of guilt. If thats the case they are not good people and are using religion to justify wrongdoing.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Prayer does nothing

• 10 months ago

yes

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Hmm that doesn't sound quite right. Oh yeah atheists don't believe in gods. So who would they suggest praying to?

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I don't think atheists pray for anything, just to be honest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.