Some atheists say that praying for forgiveness guarantees it.Is that another example of their ignorance?

No, it is not. And, it is doubtful "some atheists" support prayer, since that is not what an atheist does.

What would atheists be praying about? Who would they pray to? It is equal to saying an atheist says speaking to a box guarantees forgiveness. Most atheists believe that boxes exist, so it might do them some good.

Atheists are a lot of things, but most are not ignorant at all, some are quite educated and intelligent. That is often WHY they are atheists, because they think they don't need gods to get along in the world. Guess what? They are right about that.

I don't pray, even when I got cancer land thought I might die. I didn't have a thing to pray about. Or anything to pray to. I am fine now, thanks.

• hart

TheGod delusion is on again

Complete BS, an atheist would never say that.

I have never come across an athiest that believes prayer does anything.

I would say that for some people they assume that praying for forgiveness absolves them of guilt. If thats the case they are not good people and are using religion to justify wrongdoing.

Prayer does nothing

yes

Hmm that doesn't sound quite right. Oh yeah atheists don't believe in gods. So who would they suggest praying to?

• yesmar

I don't think atheists pray for anything, just to be honest.