I have a hard time stopping the car softly when I drive?

im practicing for my drivers test and I always stop too hard or slow down too suddenly I don't know how to slowly build up to it and press on the breaks softly. expeicially under pressure. my parents always yell and scream when I press on it too hard and it stresses me out. im also afraid of going pass the stop... show more im practicing for my drivers test and I always stop too hard or slow down too suddenly I don't know how to slowly build up to it and press on the breaks softly. expeicially under pressure. my parents always yell and scream when I press on it too hard and it stresses me out. im also afraid of going pass the stop sign so I stop to hard. I don't know how to balance it or control it. Sometimes I can stop soft but that's only when a car is infront of me. when im the first one infront of the light I feel more pressure not to go past the stop sign and I press too hard on the breaks. I also have trouble with parallel parking and reversing. im bad at parking without hitting any cars in between or staying in the line. I end up not turning enough into the space and being too crooked
8 answers 8