Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 months ago

How come no one has colonized Russia?

The Spainish empire colonized Philippines, Cuba and etc. The Portuguese empire colonized Brazil and some African territories, the Brits also did the same thing but no empire colonized Russia ever?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • Cousin
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

The Philippines, Cuba, Brazil and Africa are all places you can grow food. Nobody want damn Russia, it's too freaking COLD.

• blu
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Excluding one's desire to split hairs w/ semantics including definition of colonization and when Russian history starts, the territory called Russia today has been invaded.

The Varangians invaded along the rivers f/ the Baltic to rule over the Slavs. Rurik became king of Novgorod in 862 and the new state gradually assimilated the other Slavic tribes of the region before conquering the Turkic Khazar Empire, which ruled over the Caucuses.

There's much more. If you're interested, open a history book. This is where I got my information. I read history books for fun.

Timelines are essential ... one has to be able to put themself in the place and time.

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

What was originally the Grand Duchy of Moscow colonised Russia. There is a reason it was known as the Russian Empire, after all.

• Cousin
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

Huh? That's the tail wagging the dog because the Grand Duchy was colonised from Kievan Rus.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

how come no one has colonized the moon

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • hart
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

a to large country

• 7 months ago

Peter Gore Seer,

The Jews Need Russia, Russia Is A Member Of The Power Of The Three The USA, Russia, China, Businesses Create A Better System, The New World Order Is Just That, They Create Disorder To Create Order, A Alien Jew Consept, For Eventualy One Ruling Order, You Gues The Ruling Order.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

The Mongols conquered Russia.

In the last 400 years it's been the Russians doing the colonizing. They expanded their territory from the vicinity around Moscow in all directions, but most spectacularly eastward, all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

• Michele K
      Lv 4
      7 months agoReport

Actually it is true what you said. Hence TU from me.

• 7 months ago

Russia has been conquered and colonized many times throughout history. But the victors always left after their first Russian winter. Strange.

• 7 months ago

it is really big

Source(s): me
  • 7 months ago

Both Napoleon's France and Hitler's Germany tried to invade Russia and failed - mainly due to the huge landmass involved and the Russian winter climate. Japan did successfully invade and occupy parts of Siberia along the Pacific coast for many years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.