How to determine the best easel for me? Would an easel solve my problem?

I am looking at purchasing a sturdy, but cheap desk easel or a standing tripod easel. Currently I paint sitting down at my bedroom desk on canvases no bigger than 12 in (smallest 9 x 12). I HIGHLY doubt I’ll start painting on anything bigger than that. Even though I line my desk with newspaper and brown bags... show more I am looking at purchasing a sturdy, but cheap desk easel or a standing tripod easel. Currently I paint sitting down at my bedroom desk on canvases no bigger than 12 in (smallest 9 x 12). I HIGHLY doubt I’ll start painting on anything bigger than that. Even though I line my desk with newspaper and brown bags things still go through the lining and on my wooden desk. I then have to clean it with a textured sponge after every project. Eventually my cheap bedroom desk will wear away if I keep doing it. Last night, the paint from my palette got on my elbow due to the lack of desk space and, then the edge of the desk, then back on me, then on the canvas. It’s just a vicious cycle! I just want to be able to paint and not have to worry about too much cleanup (except brushes and hands).
1 answer 1