Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 year ago

Are online plumbing schools legit?

Are ashworth college and penn foster and other online plumbing schools a ligament thing that will help me advance in the plumbing field on a resume or are they just a waste of time and money.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

I wouldn’t go with Penn Foster, too many bad reviews.

I can see how in the world you could learn pumbling online. Look at your community college. Our pumbler takes two apprentice each year to train.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

I can't see how you can possibly learn something like plumbing online. Whether the school is legit or not---and how exactly would you define legit in this case?--I wouldn't bother taking such training. Where I live, you get to be a plumber or any other skilled trade by going to school for 4 to 6 weeks each year for four years, and the rest of that time you spend physically working at a job in the trade you're learning. There's a reason why they do it that way.

• 1 year ago

Watch out for online training in anything and by anyone. This is especially true of trade schools. Why?

Because by their nature, trades like plumber, electrician, HVAC, and auto-repair are hands-on manual trades. To be properly trained in the manual trades one has to use one's hands in the training.

You can't do hands-on training online.

Any school that teaches a manual trade and doesn't have manual hands-on training is a waste of time and money. ANS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.