sally asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 months ago

Is it just me or is Microsoft Word hard to use?

Its taking me to forever to use the features!

i was speaking moreso to the feature of headers/footers and formatting them

It can be confusing and difficult for a first-time user. At my office we send all of our new employees to an introductory Word class so that they don't struggle. You may want to look into attending such a class OR you can search online for various free online Word classes. Once you learn the basics, you will see just how easy it really is to use.

Microsoft Word is good.But I use WPS in computer and on mobile phone right now,WPS is a kind of software similar to Word.

I agree

I'm going for computer information systems or i.t. and I have to take a whole class on just how to use it.

• hart

Microsoft is confusing

Word is easy, moderate, and hard. Depends on how you use it.

BUT, it can do just about everything!

I've done 900 page docs with other documents embedded. No issue in Word.

I've done programmed entry of Oracle data into Word. Perfect.

I've done automated printing of hundreds of documents from data fields in Word.

I've done math formulas and a math book in Word.

Are there easier programs, sure.

Is there Google Docs, yes (and I use it too)

But Word is great!

For word processing, Word is complete. And it works seelessly with Access, SQL Databases, Excel, etc.

• Fred

Most word processors use the core elements of Word. Why? Word wasn't the first word processor but it was one of the first and when competitors came along they used the same keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl-S to save, Ctrl-P to print and many others. They shared similar ways to do things. When Word 2007 was introduced the old toolbars that are used in most word processors were replaced with the ribbon which changed the location of many tools. It shouldn't take long to get used to this change. The tools are the same as in most word processors but they are located in different places.

If you can use Word you will be able to use most other word processors.

EDIT: You can learn enough to type a simple document within a few minutes. It can take you years to learn all the things that Word can do. I’ve been using Word for over twenty years and at one time was an expert but I probably know less than half of what Word can do. Word is more powerful than you ever imagined.

• $$$

I used Microsoft Word, and I think you don't have it that bad. Microsoft Word is a lot easier to use than other software.

Only use excel. Does everything I need for word, database, and powerpoint.

Word is cumbersome to use.

Peace.

i think its hard to use, find sorneone to help you with it