Why do my friends have to make a deal of me listening to female singers as a guy?

I m 27, and I like just about all music but have a preference for female vocals. Some of my favorite artists are bjork, lights, warpaint, beachhouse, portishead, Zola jesus, and Chelsea Wolfe. I cant listen to my music around friends without them saying something that triggers me like "you sure like alot of... show more I m 27, and I like just about all music but have a preference for female vocals. Some of my favorite artists are bjork, lights, warpaint, beachhouse, portishead, Zola jesus, and Chelsea Wolfe. I cant listen to my music around friends without them saying something that triggers me like "you sure like alot of girl singers dont you?" WHY DOES IT MATTER? it makes me wonder why people even listen to music if I ll play a female vocalist and that s the first thing they re aware of. They tell me they re not being sexist but just making an observation. I give my coworker a ride home almost every night and he usually points out that it s a female singing.