Can you be banned from college forever if you were not academically making progress? Even if it was from years ago?

I tried registering online and I have a ban on me registering. I did screw off in school a few years back. I'm Going to go to the college and check it out Wednesday. Knock on wood. Wish me luck. Any suggestions? Thank you.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

It's probably good that you were banned. It's a sign that the universe wants you to succeed. College is NOT the path to success. It's the path to financial devastation and cyclical poverty. Would you rather have a place to live and a means of transportation to get to work or a college education? Pick one.

• 8 months ago

I worked in Advising at a college. Most have a system where they put a flag on someone for "Failure to progress". You may need to meet with a counselor to get the issue resolved. Like others mentioned - the other possible issue would be if you owed money, you would need to pay it back before they allow you to sign up. Call & don't worry - most schools wouldn't ban you 'forever' - they WANT you to graduate!! They have to track these numbers. Best of luck!

• Big Mouth
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

No. They just want your money. If they banned everyone forever they'd go outta business eventually.

• 8 months ago

Dont think so

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Typically you reapply. The other hurdle could be financial aid if you can’t self pay. But most have an appeal process.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Most colleges out you on either academic suspension or dismissal. Meaning depending on how poorly your did in college, you are either re.oced from the University for either a semester or a full term year. The best course of action is to go to the undergraduate admissions office and see exactly why you are unable to schedule classes. Unless the college is hardcore about academic performance (unlikely but nothing is impossible) if you say this happened years ago, then regardless if your academic past, you should he able to reapply and register. The only other reason you may not be able to register for classes would be if you owed money from previous college years for course fees etc. The undergrad office will be able to help you. Best of luck

• Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A college or university can choose not to let a former student re-enroll, of course. However, you need to make inquiries about how you might be able to do it. You can't just try to register online. You may have to go through what amounts to a re-admission process.

College and universities deal with these situations fairly often. Contact the undergraduate Dean's Office.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The usual reason for a "ban" is that the student owes money. If so, the ban will not be lifted until the debt is paid.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You can go to the admissions office or go to the counseling office and ask. From what I know, at a jr college, they can have you not attend college for 5 years and then you can go back or something like that, so you could be prevented from going there for a few years. But you can always go back and talk to them and do a waiver or override.

Update: if you had to leave because of academic probation, I remember at my Jr. college, they were saying for those who kept on getting F's or not raising their GPA, they can be kicked out or at least having to wait a few years before they attend again, you can be disqualified and your financial aid, can also be revoked or disqualified.

However, if you're truly passionate about your education, you can always go back in and tell them you want to get tutoring and be re-admitted and go through the proper steps to raise your GPA and go back to school.

• 8 months ago

If you were dismissed for failure to make academic progress, you would not necessarily be "banned from college forever."

However, you -would- have to re-apply for admission to the college. You can't just register for classes like you were still a student there; you aren't anymore.

So re-apply. You might want to take a few classes at community college first (and get good grades) to prove to the school that you're serious this time around.

• 8 months ago

Answers are appreciated!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.