Can I return a used car after I’ve signed the paperwork?

I recently signed the paperwork for a used vehicle, the dealership said they wouldn’t process our paperwork until Monday since it was late the day we went in. We also haven’t paid the down payment. So they gave us a paper that indicates we are “test driving” the vehicle.. is there any way we can return the vehicle?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • bo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

did they give you a copy of the paperwork. then read it we don't know what's in it. but a signature is a legal commitment. hope the dealer is a decent one and will let you return the car. also stop driving it and return it monday morning

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Did you read what you signed? I think you will probably discover that you have contracted to buy the car. So if you try to return it you will still be liable to pay for it. Of course the dealer may buy it back from you but at half the price you bought it for. You need to realise that your signature is a commitment not an option.

• nt
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

No money down and paperwork that says test driving, yes.

If you gave them any money down, you would lose it.

Now, they won't like it and may try to charge you for mileage.

Return it first think Monday.

• nt
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Car dealers do not sue people over a no down payment test drive, even with a signature. So, while they will pressure her to buy they are not going to sue her.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

What have you signed? If you signed a contract, that determines what you can do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I would.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.