Should I get the Playstation 5.?

I just heard that the Playstation 5 is coming out in 2020 of November. I want to get a playstation 4 pro. But with the new station coming out, I feel that I should wait. What do you all think?

1 year ago

Well, a long, long time ago I bought the Super Nintendo weeks after it came out and I was disappointed by the weak selection of Games that were available for it. So as you can imagine I'm quite old and I've seen a few console releases in my time. How I loathe the Pricegougers buying the new system and then trying to sell it for $2000 on ebay or the amazon 3rd party system.

My recommendation is to wait for the 2nd console hardware reversion or pricedrop, which happens 6-18 months after the initial release date. By this time the bugs have been worked out and there is an okay selection of games to choose from. You could also look for the release of GTA 6 as a gauge.

But........ I do feel you though. It was still exciting to get a console that was capable of playing games that look better than the last one. In the end it really depends on you and your wallet. Just keep in mind that the most exciting games to play won't come out until a year or two after the PS5 has been released.

Since Sony is going to use AMD's x86-64 architecture as the source of the CPU/GPU combo, there should be no reason PS4 games won't work on the PS5. If it doesn't then I'm sure Sony will come up with a total B.S. excuse as to why it won't.

• 1 year ago

It would be best if you'll wait for it, after all it is PS5 that we're talking about and it is a promising one.

• Shon
    1 year ago

No, It is not of worth.

• 1 year ago

no its a rip

• Will
    1 year ago

I would suggest you wait. The PS5 is supposed to be slightly different than the way the previous generations have been. It is going to have backwards compatibility, but I heard it was not going to be exactly like a successor to the PS4. I'd wait to see what changes have been made to it and then decide to if the PS5 will be a good investment. So to answer your actual question, I would settle for a normal PS4 in the meantime and then upgrade to a Pro if you decide not to get the PS5 right away. Chances are the price of the Pro will drop slightly when the PS5 is released and you can then get one for cheaper than $400.

• 1 year ago

Since Anonymous doesn't know what has been officially released by Sony, "PS5" will be backward compatible with all PS4 games (including compatible with VR). ("PS5" in quotes as they have not officially declared that is the name. They've only referred to it as "next-generation console".)

So if you do get PS4 now, the games you buy will move over to the next.

Do you have a 4K TV? If not, Pro does give you some benefit over the Slim, but you lose out on the main point of it, so you may want to look into the Slim and save $100.

And the "PS5" has no release window. The fall '20 date is only speculation. I've heard people guessing it may be as late as Q1 '21. So if you want to wait 18-24 month, wait. But if you want to play something now, buy something now.

Since the games will migrate over you can buy a PS4 now, get use out of it, then trade it in for the "PS5" when that's available. I'm guessing that GameStop will have some sort of deal for bonus credit on trade-ins, they usually do.

1 year ago

Why do you want the Playstation? Do you have specific titles you want to play on it? If so, there's no guarantee they'll be available for the PS5. And historically, the Playstation games have not been backwards compatible. So if there are games you want to play, go ahead and get the PS4.

• Ducky
      1 year agoReport

Already confirmed to be backwards compatible