Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics ยท 8 months ago

Is using an address of a UPS store as your address when getting an ID at the DMV legal?

I saw my friend, who is homeless, have as her address on her ID the address of a UPS store. It was a real ID, and I don't know how she showed proof at the DMV that she lives there.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It is not legal. You need to use your home address.

• 8 months ago

My PO Box is the address on my driver's license. UPS rents out private mail boxes - the street address of the store with a unique box number for each customer that rents one. Perfectly legal.

• 8 months agoReport

My friend's ID has only the UPS store's address. There's no box number.

• 8 months ago

The UPS stores have real mailing addresses that you can rent. They are legitimate. I have a neighbor who uses one for having packages delivered. That way a package is not just dumped on his porch for someone to steal.

And yes they are legal. And yes homeless people can and have used those addresses, especially when job hunting. They are not the UPS store address, they are different from the store's address.

• 8 months agoReport

It's either I was looking at a fake ID or she was able to amazingly fake her proof of residence papers.

• 8 months ago

Well?........... I GUESS?........... If they are RECEIVING THEY"RE MAIL at that ADDRESS................๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Source(s): No.......... It's NOT LEGAL...........๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You don't need proof of residency you need proof of an address

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It would be fraud.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

don't see how .....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.