Should I say happy birthday to my ex? It’s been 8 years and there’s no hard feelings. But we share the same birthday.?

We fell in love hard when we were young and haven’t spoken for 8 years. I don’t see the need for us to be friends although I do find the concept of ex being friends kind of cool as I did get along with him. He’s already dating so I don’t want to cause any drama. I just want to say happy birthday as a nice gesture... show more We fell in love hard when we were young and haven’t spoken for 8 years. I don’t see the need for us to be friends although I do find the concept of ex being friends kind of cool as I did get along with him.

He’s already dating so I don’t want to cause any drama. I just want to say happy birthday as a nice gesture and if we reconnect as friends that’ll be cool. What do you think I should do? If I say happy birthday, how should I say it so it’s not awkward or thinking I want to get back (because I dont)