Niya asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 months ago

Is it okay for a eleven-year old girl to be working out a lot?

So me, my husband, and my son are all overweight haha but my daughter is the only average weight one in our house due to her eating healthily and working out a lot. Don’t get me wrong I think this is very good but is it okay for her to be doing high intensity workouts as shown on this channel called Blogilates? She seems to love the girl working out there but I tried it and it’s some really hard stuff to do for me an adult and she’s just a kid? I’m not sure it’s probably nothing but I just want to know!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Her brother isn't doing sports or takes on the worse genetics. The parents can't have the stamina and don't have the metabolism required to exercise and lose weight.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Don't take it personally but I may be shocked by your response here; Do you think it's normal for an 11 year old girl to sit around and play with their phone or watch TV? It may be common but normality is another question. Around puberty, before their growth spurt, kids should be getting a little fat or at least eating endlessly. Their heart, lungs, and hormones, and hands, feet and ears are all already grown too big, meant to support their adult selves. "You'll grow into it" we say. They have athletic super powers at this stage and at least when we were growing up, kids and dog would run for 12 hours as soon as you forget to lock the gate.

I think it's possible she's just being a kid and found a way to use her growing energy in a time and place where we don't get kids wander the woods all day anymore. Where there could be a problem is if she thinks she's fat and becomes obsessive and harmful to herself though her diet practices, which may also tend to manifest at this stage. There's a find line between a party animal and a raging drunk. The determination is made by determining intent.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

things are easier for kids given their hormone levels, generally lighter weight, and the fact that their body are still in the growing stage (referring back to their hormone levels) so she has a higher rate of healing and recovery as well. if it s merely a couple to a few hours a day, and she eats enough to support her body s needs, she s great. At that age I was playing football, working out 5-6 hours a day for the majority of the year, and it only increased as I got older (until I eventually quit).

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

if shes not getting hurt doing it i dont see anything wrong with it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

A good time to teach a "great life thru moderation"

• 7 months ago

Blogilates is not going to harm your daughter, and as long as she isnt using weights that are too heavy or working out for too long, then she should be fine. High intensity workouts are fine, if she isn't exercising much besides blogilates then I would actually encourage her to continue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.