Do you have a desktop or laptop PC?

I'm in the market of replacing my laptop, as it's six-seven years old and starting to show its age. i got it when i was in college, so it made sense for portability. but i have a job that has its own laptop, and an iPhone Xs with a lot of my media on it already. so i don't think a laptop may be... show more I'm in the market of replacing my laptop, as it's six-seven years old and starting to show its age. i got it when i was in college, so it made sense for portability. but i have a job that has its own laptop, and an iPhone Xs with a lot of my media on it already. so i don't think a laptop may be necessary for me just for the portability aspect.

i also do my primary gaming on console, so i don't need to spend $1000 for a high end PC either. but still a decent one as i do watch a lot of media on it, run multiple apps on it, and may play some light games like Sims for example.

If i got a desktop, i would probably just use my current laptop as a portable media device until it fails, or maybe sell it before hand, and use desktop primarily. then if my laptop does fail or i sell it, maybe get a tablet if i really need one.

i feel like i'm answering my own question here of what i should shop for, but i wanted to get your input as well.

if i get a desktop, is it cheaper to get one with 2TB internal, or just look for 1TB and expand when needed? i would like to spend less then $750 if i can get a decent one with a dedicated graphics card.