Sources say proper freezer temp is sub zero. Have U used a thermometer on UR frig/freezer combo? What did it read? Would U keep it if new?

Update: I've had top freezers that get cold enough to freeze ice and keep the ice cream from melting, but never has the ice cream been rock hard like it would be at sub zero temps. Thermometers usually say 20's somewhere. I'm not sure how realistic sub zero is on a new $500 frig. My grandparents Kenmore kept... show more I've had top freezers that get cold enough to freeze ice and keep the ice cream from melting, but never has the ice cream been rock hard like it would be at sub zero temps. Thermometers usually say 20's somewhere. I'm not sure how realistic sub zero is on a new $500 frig. My grandparents Kenmore kept ice cream rock hard but that's when they lasted 30+ years. Now they're just throw away units. It's cheaper to buy a new one than fix a $500 frig/freezer.
Update 2: If they offered a 30-day return policy, how cold would if have to be for you to NOT make them come out and pick it up and refund your money? Do you think that paying up, like over $1000 is the only way to get a frig/freezer combo where the freezer really gets as cold as sources say they should be? Have you ever had... show more If they offered a 30-day return policy, how cold would if have to be for you to NOT make them come out and pick it up and refund your money? Do you think that paying up, like over $1000 is the only way to get a frig/freezer combo where the freezer really gets as cold as sources say they should be? Have you ever had a chest freezer? How cold did it get?
1 answer 1