Blinkd asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 months ago

Do you think the global warming activists' protest in London during the last couple of days/weeks is a good way to bring about change? Why?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I have mixed feelings about this as it negatively affects the lives of ordinary people and small businesses who can ill afford the disruption. Plus it takes hundreds of police away form their normal duties. On the other hand, as I in my younger days was happy to march against Tory policies which as they do now affected and damaged the lives of those who had no voice, am a great believer in the strength of collective power.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Do not go to these sites. They will steal your credit card information.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Without activism will the ruling twits take any note?

Why?

So unless pressure is applied, they will swan about till oops!

Catastrophe!

• 9 months ago

How many of those protester live the life that they want everybody else to live, very few of them I suspect, so no.

Its one thing to talk the talk, but its another thing altogether to walk the walk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

These activists need to start backing up their talk and be a living example. They need to stop buying manufactured items, and pretty much live like cavemen and prove that that will actually affect the climate. Anything short of that is too little too late according to what they themselves claim.

• 9 months ago

No because it caused more pollution by roads being closed, as cars had to have they’re engine running whilst they travelled slowly and were re directed. And the famous American who flew here to protest FLEW here on a plane therefore even more pollution. Doesn’t quite make sense. However I do believe that global warming is a big issue that more people need to be made aware of fully, they just chose an unlogical way to do so. Although it might be the only way their voices are heard.

• ...Show all comments
    • jess9 months agoReport

Well they are gluing themselves to trains so I’m sure that the environment is going to be affected in more stupid things that they do and Yes I bet there was lots of rubbish left behind I think that they need to find a better way of trying to help reduce global warming

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.