How screw up is our parole system in USA?

Reason I'm asking is because when I speak with defense lawyer, I ask him about if people ever thought about maybe get out of jail earlier, lawyer say sometime but don't count on this. I ask why, he say because it maybe won't happen and maybe won't ever get on parole and have to stay in jail full... show more Reason I'm asking is because when I speak with defense lawyer, I ask him about if people ever thought about maybe get out of jail earlier, lawyer say sometime but don't count on this.

I ask why, he say because it maybe won't happen and maybe won't ever get on parole and have to stay in jail full sentence.

So is that true parole system really mess up? In another word, bad dangerous criminals who get on parole when they shouldn't cuz there's many other people who aren't as dangerous still never got parole?

If this is true then meaning nobody knows what happening to this person life when put into prison. Like murderers get less time in prison than someone did minor felony such as stole 3,000 dollars worth of television.

Then why and how it's messy in USA about how parole hearing board works.
0