My dad is so nasty towards me?

In the last few days in particular my dad has been very nasty towards me. I'm afraid it I confront him about it because of his anger issues. In the past I have tried to talk to him and his behavior doesnt change. He brushes it off and rarely apologizes. A relative of mine is on hospice care and has days left to... show more In the last few days in particular my dad has been very nasty towards me. I'm afraid it I confront him about it because of his anger issues. In the past I have tried to talk to him and his behavior doesnt change. He brushes it off and rarely apologizes. A relative of mine is on hospice care and has days left to live. I thought of my relative as a mom. Its a relative of my mom so my mom and I have been spending as much time with them as possible. I had an honest concversation with him telling me I struggle with eating and sleeping. I dont care to do activities I used to do. I have bad dreams at night and when I dont I get broken sleep. In the last few days ive started feeling more like myself. So when we talked about it hes like "Theyres no reason to hole yourself up just to be miserable when it hasnt even happened". I was so offended. I came to him because both his parents died so I figured he would be a caring person about grief. In some respects I'm going through it twice. The anticipating grief and the actual grief. My relative will stop breathing briefly and is mostly unresponsive. I have gotten to say good bye several times but it doesnt ease the pain. So then we talked about my cousins. At one point he said your cousins situation is different. Where as you dont have potential future. I was hurt and extremely offended. I lost my job and have been trying to look for one ever since. I swear hes trying to get a reaction from me.
5 answers 5