Am I in the wrong?

A couple of years ago, me and my girlfriend worked at a customer service phone company and we were laid off of work. I found a job the next week, but she had more trouble. Well, without my knowledge, she asked her brother for some help. His response to her was that she needed a boyfriend who could get his... show more A couple of years ago, me and my girlfriend worked at a customer service phone company and we were laid off of work. I found a job the next week, but she had more trouble. Well, without my knowledge, she asked her brother for some help. His response to her was that she needed a boyfriend who could get his priorities straight.” Then he proceeded to bad mouth me when I literally did nothing to him. I have taken care of his sister by myself for a long time when she didn’t even work. I treat her good, I was polite to her family. So he had no reason to attack me. So I defended myself. I confronted him and wanted to know why he was personally attacking me because his sister asked him for help. He continued bad mouthing me, the argument escalated to the point where we were both making physical threats. It was stupid. My girlfriends whole family started attacking me saying I’m causing problems, just let him say what he wants so it doesn’t get worse, whatever. I don’t think so.... So this past thanksgiving and Christmas, I wasn’t invited to their holidays because he would be there. Well here’s Easter and he decided not to attend, so suddenly I’m invited. And since they paid for everything, they’re asking if I can pitch in to help pay for the holiday. I said “No, I don’t want to come to your holidays, considering I wasn’t even invited to the last couple because I defended myself like anyone would. And on top of that, you expect me to help you pay for it? No.”
9 answers 9