Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 7 months ago

Can I tattoo my arm so my scars not show?

I have bad scars in my left wrist because the the past few years I was going through a lot of frustration and cut my wrist like everyday. How can I make a tattoo so the scars not appear? Should I put a scar treatment cream on my wrist so it heals and then I do my tattoo there? Thanks for your support

• Shon

You can go to the tattoo shop ask them.

You can, but:

Be aware that if the scars are raised or indented, the tattoo will not cover that, and you will still see the texture of the skin.

If the wounds haven't fully healed then you shouldn't tattoo over them. Make sure they're all healed before tattooing.

Also some artists refuse to tattoo over damaged skin, so it maybe hard to find someone willing.

I think you can from what I was told

Tattoos can be created on any scar, mark and damaged skin(only if the damage is to an extent which will not harm you). It needs utmost precision and experience and we are glad our artists has all of that. Just make sure any scar on your skin is properly healed and has passed years.

Tattooing has developed exponentially in the past few years, and there are some talented artists that can tattoo over or with scars. It’s impossible to make the scars go away completely, but using scar-removal products won’t hurt at all, rather repair the skin. Visit some shops and find an artist who is comfortable tattooing over scars, they’ll hook you up with epic art. Your scars are a part of your past, but just like you’re doing with your mental health, you can turn them into something beautiful and powerful. Often times, the art over scars will line up with texture, so if your scars are long a tree might hide them well, or if they’re across tigers are a traditional choice as they symbolize courage and will (like overcoming self-harm, go you!) and can be tattooed in multiple styles, your artist will work with you on ideas and figure out what’s best and provide more ideas. Happy tattooing!

You need to goto someone who has plenty experience dealing with them or who specialises in it, these artists will be more expensive than your usual but it's better than going to someone who has never done it and the scar bursting.

Some artists refuse to cover scars if they are large or raised alot.

You've went through a tough time, it's part of you now. The best advice and what I've seen others do, is tattoo around the scars, highlight them and show what you went through now your now stronger.

Scars are really hard to tattoo, it’s gonna look different and cause more attention. I’d learn to accept it if I were you. They eventually turn white but never disappear, I still have my first scars from 5 years

• kelvin

depends on how bad they are as both of my arms are pretty bad and all of the places i went to won't even tattoo on them

Actually you can, Just get creative i've seen people do it with scars.

• kelvin

all depends on what you mean by scars as i said in my answer none of the places i went too would even do one on mine as mine are really bad