Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 8 months ago

infected or fine?

okay sooo a few months ago i hit my toe on the edge of this side table and it bent part of my toenail back and i had to just clip it all the way down. at first it hurt reallllyyyy bad and it had a scab for a long time. this past month i really havent felt any pain at all. it itches a lottt some days though but i know that’s a good sign of healing because that’s also how another wound i had felt after surgery when it really started healing. it itched a lot. anyway this week the tissue around it kinda puckered up but it honestly still doesnt hurt. i clean it out with alcohol everyday and apply Neosporin. i keep a bandage on it when i go out and let it breathe when i’m home. i’m honestly just not sure if it’s fine or if i should see a doctor. I don’t know what it is supposed to look like. It feels fine, but does it look fine?

rnaybe you should go see your doctor and get it checked out

If it was infected it would become red and swell or even have black coloring so it does not sound infected.

Itching means it's healing. If it's infected it will get red and be very tender and painful and there will be some swelling. I can see the nail is not torn loose from the nailbed. Just be careful not to do more damage and you should be fine.