Will i be able to compete in boxing or mms with a metal plate on my cheek?

I recently got hurt in my local town by someone sucker punching me from the side over some petty stuff. I now have a tripod fracture of my eye socket and cheek running under my temple. It's worrying me that I won't be able to box or compete in the future as I've read it could be dangerous and my cheek... show more I recently got hurt in my local town by someone sucker punching me from the side over some petty stuff. I now have a tripod fracture of my eye socket and cheek running under my temple. It's worrying me that I won't be able to box or compete in the future as I've read it could be dangerous and my cheek could be weaker with the plate in. Doesn't make sense as I know Thai boxers toughen their bones with that substance harder than stone but someone believes i could get the metal pushed into my head. Hope there's a way around it otherwise il have to stick to krav maga over boxing