Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 year ago

How long for a severe sore throat to heal?

I got a really bad sore throat from smoking a cigarette in the rain, it wasn’t like a normal sore throat, it felt like a spot in my throat was injured and raw and bleeding, it hurt really bad, but I haven’t smoked in two days and my chest still feels “Dewey” like there’s moisture in it and I’m coughing phlegm, I’m never going to smoke cigarettes again, but how long until my body heals it? They say it takes 72 for sports injuries to heal, but I don’t think I’ll be better by then

• k w
    1 year ago

have you tried gargling with warm salted water ?

• 1 year ago

How long has this lasted and Are you an avid smoker and are you sick? If you were bleeding it might have been from after a bad cough ,tonsillitis, or even a common cold. And in absolute worst case cancer I wouldn’t worry about cancer unless you develop A lot of these symptoms: change in your voice

trouble swallowing (dysphagia)

weight loss

sore throat

constant need to clear your throat

persistent cough (may cough up blood)

swollen lymph nodes in the neck

wheezing

Ear pain

If you develop anything and it proceeds for about 2 weeks go seek medical help asap

Again that is Absolutely worst case you most likely got sick and smoking irrated it but its always good to see a primary care specialist if your uncertain.