Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

Swallowed a piece of broken tooth and I’m pregnant will it hurt my baby ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

I don't think so, but I would be a bit concerned that it might be bad for your digestive system. If you get any pain, blood or anything, then seek medical help. I doubt you will though.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Why would it?

• 7 months ago

You know your baby grows in your uterus, not in your stomach?

Also food doesn’t go straight from your throat to the umbilical button.

I bet you voted for Trump :/

• LizB
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

How would it? You're aware that your baby is not in your stomach, right?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Do you think your baby is in your stomach and the tooth will bite him?

• God
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Your digestive system is far removed from your baby. Hope you're not in pain. You need to see a dentist to get the tooth repaired. Be sure to tell him/her you are pregnant. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• 7 months ago

Please go see a dentist TODAY.

The concern isn't about the broken tooth in your stomach, but about the rest of it being exposed in your mouth. You can get a serious infection from having an exposed broken tooth, and that could affect you and the baby.

Find a dentist immediately- you probably need to be on antibiotics, as well as have the broken tooth treated.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I've never been given antibiotics for a broken tooth. The dentist looked at the tooth, and scheduled me for another appointment to have it fixed. Unless the nerve or 'live' part of the tooth is exposed (which would be very painful), a broken tooth is not a serious problem.

• 7 months ago

No, the acids in your stomach will dissolve the small part of the broken tooth. Or, you will poop that out. It will not go directly to your baby.

Why are you losing your teeths?

You need to see a dentist asap. Pregnant women lose their teeth and their doctor sends them to the dentist, have he sent you there? You should go.

• DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i'm so tired.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.