Advice for perverted stepfather??

My stepfather raised me from a child all the way to when I was 18. I’m 19 now and last year my mom and stepdad separated. He was always a great guy to me and helped me out with everything, cared a lot. But after the divorce, my mom informed me that she found out he was searching for “red head stepchild pornography”. This is very specific and it disturbed me quite a bit. I’m bothered by it, but he’s still always been my stepdad and never tried to make any sexual advances toward me. I’ve been wanting to still hang out with him, despite everyone else saying it’s too risky. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

You are an adult capable of making your own choices here-

I think you need to ask yourself why your unsure about hanging out with him, is it because you fear he will try to rape you or is it because your disgusted with him looking at underage girls online? If its because you think he will rape you, then you really have nothing to fear here, he hasn't tried anything with you your entire childhood, he's not going to start now. If its because your disgusted with him, then that is a valid reason to not want to hang out with him, and if so, just don't hang out with him.

Well technically divorced from your mom and no longer your step dad therefore even if something bizarre did occur your a consenting adult now. I do not think he would ever try anything with you you basically his kid having raised you for so long maybe he just likes red heads.

• Foofa

You're 19, hardly a child who couldn't just leave the situation if he got too handsy. One can't never tell in a divorce situation what's real and what's fabrication. But if you want a relationship with this guy you can ask him if the reports of kiddie porn are accurate and see what he says. Even if he's a secret pedophile and lies about it, again you're an adult, so not even in the zone to be the victim of a pedophile. Plenty of pedophiles never actually offend IRL.

• Piero

Your mom, may be trying to poison your relationship with your stepfather. If he makes no advances toward you, ignore what your mother told you. PLEASE.

Firstly, it may not be true what your mother said about him.

Secondly, even if it is, so what?

You have never had any trouble with him making sexual advances? Then why fear him now? Because your Mum said she found something on his computer? I have to ask IF you can fully trust what your Mum is saying now. Was it a mutual split and fairly amicable divorce or was there enough animosity for her to want to destroy your relationship with the man you have always known as Dad? Did Dad admit it, or not? I can't know the truth, but maybe you do?

• john

I would just make sure there’s always someone else there when you are with him. If he was going to try anything he would have done it by now, so I doubt he ever will. But still be cautious.