Praying for someone when they have not asked you to?

Update: Is it appropriate to pray for someone when they have asked you not to? A friend of mine recently experienced this, and finds it very hurtful and disrespectful.
Update 2: I am asking this for someone who didn't want prayer from a friend of hers. She told the friend "please do not pray for me" and the friend is saying "I am praying for you anyway". It's not me that is praying... the friend wanted me to ask on her behalf because she doesn't have... show more I am asking this for someone who didn't want prayer from a friend of hers. She told the friend "please do not pray for me" and the friend is saying "I am praying for you anyway".
It's not me that is praying... the friend wanted me to ask on her behalf because she doesn't have internet savvy.
Sorry for the confusion - hope this clarifies. I am officially "over myself" and not hurting anyone. Trying to help a friend resolve it is all.