I bought a van with outstanding finance?

I recently bought a new van from a private seller and I am now trying to sell it. I haven’t been able to get a log book for it (DVLA say the police are expected to come out and do some sort of check on it before they send the new logbook in my name) I sent off for the log book 6 weeks ago with my new keepers slip... show more I recently bought a new van from a private seller and I am now trying to sell it.

I haven’t been able to get a log book for it (DVLA say the police are expected to come out and do some sort of check on it before they send the new logbook in my name) I sent off for the log book 6 weeks ago with my new keepers slip and v62

When I called the police they did say it was not reported as stolen and didn’t give me too much info so I done a HPI check and it has outstanding finance

Where do I go from here? It was a really expensive van and I need the money from it ASAP

I currently have no log book for it and no new keepers slip, and I am waiting for a police officer to call me back to arrange a viewing of the vehicle