Because Psience?

I’ve been watching Kyle Hill's, Because Science, show a lot lately; a show which tries to explain the real science behind much science fiction— like how much energy a real Death Star would need to blow up a planet, how much energy would a light saber produce, how does adamantium work, etc. But Kyle Hill tends... show more I’ve been watching Kyle Hill's, Because Science, show a lot lately; a show which tries to explain the real science behind much science fiction— like how much energy a real Death Star would need to blow up a planet, how much energy would a light saber produce, how does adamantium work, etc. But Kyle Hill tends to get hinky when it comes to stuff like chi, psi, telepathy, telekinesis, et al in science fiction. Or in real life.

When I was about 15, I was in a book store when a row of five or six books jumped off of the shelf onto the floor. Some lady standing beside told me, “Somebody is trying to tell you something,” but that sorta thing, bent forks, suddenly shattered paintings, and the like has happened a lot over the years. Later on I was wondering about the physics and math of that kind of incident; whether you believe in telekinesis (Wolfgang Pauli did) or not, it takes force and energy to move a bunch of books. So as a thought experiment in paraphysics for people who can do the math so much better than I, roughly how much energy (Newtons or Joules) is needed to knock a half-dozen of average-sized books off of a shelf. Even if Kyle Hill refuses to recognize TK force, don’t the usual physics formulas apply?