promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does Philadelphia have a subway underground train system?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes: Philadelphia has an extensive rail mass transit system, in addition to buses.

Much of it is underground, especially in the central business district. There are several subway lines, and underground trolley lines as well.

The Regional Rail system uses full-sized passenger train cars, and runs above ground in the suburbs, but underground in the central business district.

It's a complicated system, but it works.

• ...Show all comments
    • Joseph
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

El is not Chicago-specific. The current and former elevated parts of New York City's subway system are also referred to as El. The Second Avenue El, demolished in the early 1940s, is an example.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Yes, SEPTA has some underground systems

• 1 year ago

YES and not hard to look it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFhjQ8jmOU

Youtube thumbnail

Just like some other cities it has trains that go overhead, on the ground and under the ground.

• onthe451 year agoReport

I'm from the UK and am I right in saying that those trains that go over head in the states are usually called an L, as in elevated?

• 1 year ago

they rnight since i used to live in ny which isnt that far frorn there and they have one in ny

• Joseph
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Just because you once lived in New York is not reason enough to render an opinion of another city's transit systems, the cities proximity to each other notwithstanding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

It sure does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.