How can i paint a room without someone knowing?

My mom recently took a couch out of our backroom into the living room and the paint job is really bad. I just want to paint it the same color it is because i can see the old color and she never did a second coat. I just want it to look nice for her. How can I paint and decorate without her knowing? I would pay for... show more My mom recently took a couch out of our backroom into the living room and the paint job is really bad. I just want to paint it the same color it is because i can see the old color and she never did a second coat. I just want it to look nice for her. How can I paint and decorate without her knowing?

I would pay for the paint and decorations. I have a little money extra in the bank right now because my neighbor is offering me furniture for a wedding gift for my fiancé and I which is thoughtful and kind. I am grateful for that.

I would like to make this a nice room for my mom to use maybe as an office or something she wants but i would really just want to fix the paint job first. Any ideas? Thanks. I get 3 days in a row off from my full time job I can do this for a mothers day gift