Is there something wrong with me if all I do is think about painting?

I’m in my late 20’s and am going through a rough patch in my life. I’m an introvert and I have a hard making let alone keeping new friends. Plus I just go to work and come straight home everyday. I have tried to take on new hobbies and go out more like going to the gym and taking kickboxing. One day I started... show more I’m in my late 20’s and am going through a rough patch in my life. I’m an introvert and I have a hard making let alone keeping new friends. Plus I just go to work and come straight home everyday. I have tried to take on new hobbies and go out more like going to the gym and taking kickboxing. One day I started watching Bob Ross painting tutorials and I am not sure when it started but something inside of me wanted to start painting too.

I went out purchased my first set of painting supplies and began painting. At first, I got a bit discouraged because my paintings were coming out looking horrible. I just really wanted to produce one successful painting before calling it quits. then one day I did and then I produced another and another and another. It got to the point I was making 3 paintings a day ( it varied in quality). Now all I think about is painting. Sometimes I am at work and I keep looking at other people’s art paintings online and looking for photos to get inspiration for my next painting. It’s to the point where I feel painting defines me. It also makes me happy to see that I can create something. My skills are also growing very quickly. Mind you I started painting in March. Yesterday I compared my most recent painting to my current one and I have grown a lot in different areas. Someone else also noticed the same thing that my skills are improving rapidly. Is there something wrong with me?

I even woke up at 6am today so I get started on my next painting.
Update: I should add that I do have interest in the arts in general. I studied theatre in college and took acting classes outside and auditioned for role. I even played the piano at one point and did some photography here and there. However, this medium is different. I’m obsessed with it compared to my interest in theatre... show more I should add that I do have interest in the arts in general. I studied theatre in college and took acting classes outside and auditioned for role. I even played the piano at one point and did some photography here and there. However, this medium is different. I’m obsessed with it compared to my interest in theatre and music. It’s like a door opened in my brain and I lose track of time so easilY. It feels like there isn’t enough time in the day to paint. Lastly, I work in the sciences as an admin