What is the most desirable college to go to in the us?

if you were a wealthy, even royal foreigner what us college would you send your children to? Princeton? Yale? Duke? what is the best or rather what is the most "upity" college?

For a book. Thanks.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

For purposes of your book, you could use Harvard, Yale or Princeton. They are all old-wealth schools and their names and status would probably be familiar to your readers.

• 8 months ago

vassar for girlies with upturned noses

colleges with reputations for wasting confiscatory tuition rates,,blow your money on any of the above

• 8 months ago

Harvard.

• 8 months ago

Harvard University

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

True, there isn't a single answer. If you're wealthy and stupid, USC. If you're wealthy and arrogant, Yale or Princeton. For a small elite school, Stanford. If you want to be around smart, diverse students, Berkeley or Harvard.

----------

You're right. I was mainly thinking of Stanford's undergrad population compared with Berkeley's ug count.

All of these aren't ivies, but that's the rundown

• Lili
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Stanford isn't particularly small. It has more students than Yale and Princeton do, and more undergraduates than Harvard, though Harvard's postgraduate student population is larger.

• 8 months ago

Honestly, any of the Ivy Leagues will do. Harvard, Princeton, Brown, and Yale are all classics. If the character is going for science, math, or tech, then Stanford or MIT is likely the best. If the character is a woman, they may choose a women's college- Wellesley, Mount Holyoke, or Smith.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Well, I attended Yale, so of course I think you should use Yale. I also did my PhD at Penn (the University of Pennsylvania), another Ivy school, and I recommend that, too.

But the Ivy League university that attracts the most prominent foreigners, including royalty, is Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It depends on what they want to study. Some schools are elite for one purpose; other schools are elite for a different purpose. The best school for engineering or physics is not the best school for art or music.

By the way, you are asking a question to which there is no factual answer. "Uppity" (not "upity") is a mattter of opinion.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina.

This is the most prestigious University in the US, and most of their leaders attend it. If only to give a speech or two.

• 8 months ago

Uppity? Most of the top colleges academically are not filled with snobs. In fact, students are more likely to be liberal, and against shows of wealth and privilege. You get more of that in some of the smaller, private colleges that attract kids who aren't smart enough to get into Harvard. Some of those also cater to international students from wealthy families, who can pay full tuition. Harvard, Yale, Duke, etc. are too well endowed to seek students just for money.

• drip
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Many US universities have tuition at $46,000 and higher,
      My state’s public state universities are much higher than $21,000.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.