Robin
Lv 7
Robin asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 7 months ago

I have a Winchester 23 side by side with ventilated rib. Its 3/4 & full but shoots low. Why would this be?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Mj
    Lv 5
    7 months ago
    Best Answer

Adjust your sighting style to match the gun. You likely need to raise your head so you see the top of the rib rather than looking over it

• Higgy Baby
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I agree with this- you need to adjust your style- not the sights.

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Shotgun fit is the key to hitting with one. The stock to shoulder wand cheek fit is off... the gun won't line up and you will lack consistent results

• Jim W
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It is a shotgun not a rifle. Shotguns are never accurate that is why they shoot shot shells. The pattern covers more area as the range increases and like all weapons the ballistics are an arc not a plane line.

• 7 months ago

You should practice at ranges you will be shooting at. Longer range,more drop, means you have to aim just slightly high. Longer range, aim higher.

Your gun has sights, adjust them for the intended range. then shoot accordingly.

My shotgun has no sights, but shot so many rounds, you visualize a sight picture and dead center every time.

• Mj
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Why do so many posters seem to think this shotgun has sights?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

What are shooting out of the shotgun? If they are slugs, I would advise against shooting too many slugs because eventually the choke could be damaged--especially in the full choke barrel. If you are shooting very low velocity target loads (yes, they make them) and you are setting up a pattern page 40 yards of further beyond the firing line, it would be the trajectory of the pellets.

Switch up ammunition and see how the loads pattern.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Your face is misaligned.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It’s totally broken. You need to throw the cheap thing away

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

In addition to Mj's answer about adjusting your sighting style, consider different ammunition. Different ammo will often pattern differently. This would also mean anytime you switch brands/loads, you need to shoot a few rounds to see how it is going to hit.

• Adam D
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I expected it to have a sight bead on the front, as most shotgun barrels do.

• 7 months ago

You can use the center bead for reference to adjust accordingly.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Rear sight is too 'high' ........................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.