Power dimming to near no power and back to normal? (Surge???)?

We are not in a storm however there was one earlier. This is not only happening at my house but my neighbors also so I know it is not localized to my houses wiring. I have taken necessary precautions shutting off all applications it could damage leaving 2 lights on to know when it ends. That is not the question.... show more We are not in a storm however there was one earlier. This is not only happening at my house but my neighbors also so I know it is not localized to my houses wiring. I have taken necessary precautions shutting off all applications it could damage leaving 2 lights on to know when it ends. That is not the question. What is causing this odd power surge that keeps dimming my power to nearly zero power then back to full power. How do I describe this if I need to call the power company also. Never seen this happen over multiple homes like this with no inclement weather. It is calm as can be outside. I haven't had a chance to look at the the wiring to this house yet so I don't know what breakers turn off what so I am kind of worried about some things so quick replies would be awesome. Thanks in advance!