Emmy asked in PetsCats · 10 months ago

My dad feeds my cats at 2 IN THE MORNING. How do I break the cycle ..?!?

When my dad got our cat pumpkin I wasn’t living with him at the time and my dad is awake during the early hours so he started feeding my cat pumpkin at 2 am ,

Now that I live with my dad my cat Carly is here too she is 11 years old. And now even she is getting fed at 2 in the morning 🙄 he feeds them about 3 times a day. I tell him not to feed them at 2 but if he doesn’t my cat pumpkin will meow and scream

The problem that I have is that when I move out, is that my cats or pumpkin most likely is going to be so used to eating at 2 that I’m going to be forced to feed them at that hour cuz of my dad 😒 that’s what IM SCARED OF.... my cat Carly just likes to eat so it’s fun for her eating this much lol but I never fed her that early in her life. but I’m very pissed off about it and my dad won’t stop feeding them at 2 and I’m scared I’m going to have a bigger problem with this routine when I move out with my cats ..

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People r being so rude in these comment section! You can understand why its annoying for her, probably being woken up at 2am by the cats being fed. its probably very annoying and frustrating... have respect !

Anyway. Try to convince your dad to leave out extra food before you go to bed, and then your cat instead of waking up people to be fed, will just eat that. (hopefully)😂

hope i helped💘

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

your cat will adjust within a few days to whatever schedule you prefer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Right now its his cat and his house so he can do what he wants but once you move out you might be able to just feed her right before bed and right away in the morning. If that doesn't work you can slowly switch the feeding times. It will suck but only short term. Wake up at 1 am at first to feed her. Then midnight. Then 11 pm. You get the idea.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You are living with your dad which means his home his rules........... when you leave then it might take a few weeks for the cat/s to get into a new routine of feeding or it might not............. you are 'scared' of what 'might' happen, time to get a grip

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

I doubt if the cats mind

• TK
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Get a grip. When you move out with your cats you will establish a new routine.

• J M
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

He isn't harming them.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

It's your father's house. He gets to feed the animals in HIS HOUSE whenever he wants.

But here's my concern. You also say you are moving into a new apartment on the third floor and you have vertigo or dizziness due to the height. Do you have other issues?

You either feed the cat at another time of day OR you buy one of the feeding machines where you set the time and dry food dumps out.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

It's your dad's house and his rules. His cat Pumpkin is used to eating at 2 AM and you have no right to disrupt that.

You are free to move out, pay your own way and establish your own rules in your own home.

Pets are very adaptable. Once you move out your cat Carly should get used to whatever feeding schedule you prefer. Yes, the first few days will be a pain in the butt. Such is life.

I'm presuming you are living with your dad for financial reasons. I suggest you say "thank you" instead of telling him what he should and shouldn't do in his own home.

As I said, if you're THAT "scared" and "pissed off" about how your dad caring for your cat is going to inconvenience you, move the hell out.

Good lord. The world doesn't revolve around you.

• Emmy10 months agoReport

Lol I love how I asked about something to do with my CATS AND it turns into the world not being about me what the fck 😂

• Benny
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Two options: Either have food available for them at all times, or GRADUALLY change feeding time to right before your normal bedtime.

• ...Show all comments
    • Warren
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Agree, we feed out cats on a schedule, and almost totally wet food, very little dry! They go to bed (in our bed) when we do and awaken when we do. Never wake us up! Yes, we do realize what little angels they are and how lucky we are!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.