Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 7 months ago

I ACCIDENTALLY DROVE A CAR IN 3rd GEAR, HELP!!?

So, it's a Chevy Cruze. There was too much stuff on the dash board to determine wether I was in drive or not, and there was not lights indicating I was in drive near the gears, like my car, or any other car that I've been in... so I drove the interstate doin about 70 thinking I was in drive, assuming there just wasn't any power bcus it's a Chevy Cruze, and about 15 mins down the road, the car started beeping and said "car is overheating, idle car". So I pulled over until it didn't say that anymore. I drove the rest of the way in drive, the RPMs were still pretty high, and now my friends car is messed up. What should I do? And apparently no one can fix it.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

3rd gear is a hwy gear, just not overdrive. Its probably unrelated.

Source(s): Myself
  • arther
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

buy your friend another car

• 7 months ago

That is a bad situation bro. Driving around on high revs isn't a good idea anyway as you are not playing a car game. And Cruize is not popular model around States and that is why No-one is bothered to fix it. So good luck to you to sort this mess out and be careful and make sure you don't drive around on high revs anymore. Cheers

• 7 months ago

Sounds legit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

It can be fixed, but it will cost a lot to do so, he could be better off trading it in on a nice used car.

• 7 months ago

How is it still messed up? You didn't do anything wrong. You should be able to put it in any gear and drive at any rpm you want. The warning is the module protecting the component....that's it's job. If you ignored it it might have reduced your speed for you anyway. If something is wrong with the car take it to the dealership. They can fix it.

• 7 months ago

Troll Alert.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

bullshit

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No one can fix it? Riiiiight

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No one can fix it???? That is not true. Have a mechanic check it see if there is damage and get an estimate for repairs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.