Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Do you consider Canada to be a vassal state of the USA?

I know Canadians talk a lot about how different they are from Americans, but having lived in Canada for most of my life before moving to the USA, Canada is basically a more innocent version of America. In America, Canada is seen as inconsequential, while Canadians constantly talk about how important of an ally they are to the US.

Since Canada has decided to allow the USA to take the role of their defender, and would rely almost totally on America to defend it in the event of an attack on Canada, could you safely consider Canada to be a vassal state of the USA?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm a Canadian who spent most of her life in Canada before moving to the US, and I can tell you that in Canada, we obsess about the US all the time - we watch their television shows, listen to their music, follow the political situation in the US, and are generally fixated on all things American. But in the US, when Canada comes up, they'll mention that a lot of famous comedians are originally from Canada, and then make a joke about the cold or hockey or our accents. Americans act as though we're really part of their country and just aren't aware of it. And the truth is that Canada would be in a bad spot if it weren't for the US. They're our biggest trade partner, they're our primary defender, Americans are Canada's big brothers in a lot of ways. I don't think that's a bad thing. New Zealanders probably feel that way about Australians too. Americans don't tell us what to do, but it's not like they couldn't if they wanted to. They're definitely the toughest kid on the street.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

When America was still quibbling about joining WWII and happily sending tank parts and other supplies to Hitler for $$$$$, there were actually American plans drawn up to invade Canada--a sovereign nation with no hostility to the US. I think that says everything you need to know.

• 10 months ago

A Canadian is a cold American with socialized medicine and no gun.

• brother_in_magic
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

You mean one in good health (Canadians live longer) who doesn't have to worry about their kids being shot at school. BTW, my brother, in Canada, had a whole cabinet of guns.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Americans can’t protect themselves from Mexican illegals

Canadians fought bravely in both world wars and we are capable of defending our country and our border

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

by 2036 canada will be as brown as it will be white. blacks make up 14% of the population in the united states overall and 25% of the population under age 18.

• sam
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

no, canada is more likely to be invaded by usa than other countries. some protection..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.