Is believing in God worth it?

Hi everyone.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the stress (can't lust even though it's natural, can't indulge yourself otherwise it's gluttony, you have to apologize right away otherwise you're being prideful). As a Christian it's a lot of stress.

We have to talk to people about Christ (I've noticed a lot of people don't wanna hear it) otherwise we'll go to hell for being ashamed to say Jesus name and so forth. How am I supposed to find a husband if I can't look at a man and say "my goodness he's fine."

I can go on and on but I want to know if it's worth it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. It is worth in the end.

• Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Thanks. So much. I'm so grateful.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Chris gave you the right answer. Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute. Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave (1 Cor. 15:3-4). The Bible is clear that salvation is not by our good works. The only condition for receiving everlasting life is to believe in Jesus for that free gift! It really is that simple.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Lv 4
      8 months agoReport

http://www.northlandchurch.com/heaven

• Chris
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You won't go to hell for refusing to tell people about Jesus.

You are saved by believing in Jesus, without works. That easy. And stop worrying about the other issues.

The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Archer
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Apparently you will only find out 'after' you die.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

That's funny....when I was a Christian it didn't seem stressful to me. I thought it was freeing to be forgiven of my sins.

I guess some people feel guilt more intensely than others.

For you it doesn't sound worth it. It wasn't for me, either, because I could find no evidence my beliefs were correct. Guilt is a crushing emotion.

• Rowan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I call the universe God, which is therefore everything good and bad, so it's just a matter of opinion what you should do. It's all the one thing, but you only perceive your own stuff, generally speaking, unless individuality is an illusion. Anyway, the intelligent thing in energy is us, made out of it.

• 8 months agoReport

Gods dont exist. The universe isnt a god.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Believing in unproven impossible nonsense is never worth it, regardless of what promises their priests make in their names.

• 8 months ago

You've talked yourself out of it.

• 8 months ago

What really is laying down your life for another?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yeah Christianity is big on guilt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.