Anonymous

I feel like physical jobs are the worst jobs to have. Do you agree or disagree?

For example, construction worker, roofer, or any job with lots of physical activity.

Favorite Answer

i think so too and thats why i dont do thern

• Cousin

You are forgetting horse trainers and dog handlers and violin makers.

Agree

No - having NO job should be the worst.

I currently work right now as a cashier for Rite Aid. It's a retail pharmacy store but the pros about physical labor jobs even though it is tiring is that I did hear that it has physciall benefits (being physically fit and active!). If you are sedentary or inactive in life , you're more likely to have a heart attack or stroke in your old age! So it's tough but I do know that SOME physically demanding jobs don't pay alot and that's the drawback. If you can't handle it because you have a health condition or are disabled, then yeah I would suggest something a little less taxing BUT employers have to still be able to hire you if that is the case, otherwise, that's just discrimination! Anyway, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to find a happy medium! ... I've been at Rite Aid for the past 5 years (in order to show my loyalty to them) HOWEVER, I don't know if I am going to be there for the long run because of the cons: Little pay, too physically taxing (you have to sweep the floors, fill the coolers, attend to the customers and their complains if any, face the items on the shelves, serve ice cream and clean up the counters afterwards ALL for minimun wage or close to it!!

• Cousin

ACH no! You are forgetting horse trainers and dog handlers and violin makers, all physical jobs. Or persons who have intentionally trained to be world class chefs. That's physical too. And great athletes would rather be doing their chosen sport be it figureskating, diving, Footballers what have you. Not all physical jobs are hard labour or handling toxic or radioactive waste. Some cleanup jobs deserve Hazard pay but are some of the worst underpaid on the planet. But if you love herding sheep on the hillside with your dog outside all day then a physical job could be your happiness.

I don't think they are the worst but generally speaking the more skilled the job the more money you will make and the most skilled jobs generally don't involve that much physical labor. There are unskilled jobs that involve little to no physical labor too, or course.

• Disagree. I have a physically demanding job in a warehouse, I love being challenged so it works for me. Even if they're a bit soul sucking, they tend to pay better then most minimum wage jobs.

• They're not glamorous, but they pay well. They pay much better than many other jobs and there's always a need for that kind of labor.

EDIT:

There are growing concerns that many of the white-collar jobs will be taken over by automation long before blue-collar work. After all, it's much easier and cheaper to program something that can do many jobs in an office setting than it is to create a machine that will be able to do all of the physical jobs that we have today. Sure, we have automated welders, but they generally do one kind of weld in one position. They're not versatile enough to be able to go out into the field and be as useful as an experienced and qualified welder, so they're not used.

So enjoy the A/C and mediocre pay while it lasts. Soon, you will be outside sweating with the rest of us. One of us! One of us!

They usually pay incredibly well; I was a welder and did sheet metal for 14 years. Tough on your body but I met some great people and bought a house for my family

Disagree. Jobs that destroy your soul are the worst.

Last job like that I had, I developed a hand-washing thing. Can't... get... clean...

• nt

Jobs do not destroy souls you phucking idiots.