I feel like everyone is watching me?

I’ve felt this way since I was very young. Every year I can feel that it’s getting worse, but it’s not like I can do anything about it. When I’m at home I am able to convince myself that all my friends hate me and are spying on me. It’s caused me to isolate myself from everyone I thought cared about me. If it’s... show more I’ve felt this way since I was very young. Every year I can feel that it’s getting worse, but it’s not like I can do anything about it. When I’m at home I am able to convince myself that all my friends hate me and are spying on me. It’s caused me to isolate myself from everyone I thought cared about me. If it’s true then everyone here will know what I’m talking about. But in the case that it isn’t true, am I just going mentally ill?
Update: I thought that it could be anxiety, but I just don’t know. I don’t want to talk to a doctor because I know that I would fear that they are part of it.